Author Topic: James Finch  (Read 4811 times)

Offline deleteme

• Legend Member
  • Last Login: March 01, 2012, 04:21:04 AM
    • View Profile
Re: James Finch
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 07:48:25 PM »
John Tenney left the site for a reason, but this certainly wasn't it.  We'll leave it at that.  JAM, you have nothing to apologize for, in my opinion.

Offline JamWEB

• Last Login: December 10, 2016, 03:51:07 PM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 07:58:17 PM »
I just thought it was confusing that on one topic we can discuss the PBS documentary about Iraq, but randall had a problem with mine about James Finch.  I guess I'll head to the AWESOME CLR arcade for a while...
"People always wonder why I sign off with "'til we meet again." Because goodbye is so final. Goodbye Dan Wheldon." - Marty Reid

Offline Harry

• Legend Member
  • Last Login: June 07, 2012, 11:59:03 PM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 08:15:59 PM »
I guess I'll head to the AWESOME CLR arcade for a while...

AMEN  :thumbsup:

Mobil1fan

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 08:25:19 PM »
Stock car racing seems to attract swindlers and neer-do-wells more than other sports or activities, for some reason...

Offline special K

• Legend Member
  • Last Login: June 19, 2012, 11:08:54 PM
  • GO PACK GO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 08:30:38 PM »
Stock car racing seems to attract swindlers and neer-do-wells more than other sports or activities, for some reason...

This sport was created by these types of people.  Bill France Sr was a swindler.  Look at most of the "pioneers" of the sport, Junior Johnson etc.  Also, I think that you know more about the owners in this sport that you do owners of football or baseball.

Mobil1fan

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 08:31:37 PM »
That's true enough. I'd imagine there's some skeletons in the closets of other sports league owners/teams as well...

Offline latemodelowner

• Last Login: August 02, 2010, 11:27:31 AM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 11:19:59 PM »

The reason is: that you can not spend more than you can show income for.  That cancels purchasing land, cars, condos, etc.  Anything that has a deed or title.  If you do show more bills than income, the irs will be knocking on your door in a hurry for an audit.  I'm not saying that all owners are crooks by no means but most people get into it because they own a business that takes in quite a lot of cash, they do not show the cash on there books, therefore they spend it on things that can't be traced.  Jay can tell you, even at the local level you can spend a fortune.
(Hence, bootlegging started Nascar, couldn't show where the money came from.)

Offline latemodelowner

• Last Login: August 02, 2010, 11:27:31 AM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 11:33:42 PM »
posting this kind of crap is why peo pros left the board,get some real news on

The link posted in that thread was from Snopes, a very reliable source. It's no blog.

I could believe some of that, but I think a lot of it (especially the drug king thing) is exaggeration.

And why do I hate America?

You hate America??????????  If that's the case, get the hell out.  Because you live in America you do have that right.  I don't always agree with how America handles its business(hardly ever),  but I have traveled to enough countries to know that this is the best that I've seen so far.  Life is too short, if you hate it that bad then leave.  Too many people have sacrificed all for the freedoms that we enjoy.

Offline deleteme

• Legend Member
  • Last Login: March 01, 2012, 04:21:04 AM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2008, 03:15:15 AM »
latemodelowner....

Allow me to clear the air.  I can assure you that LILK does not hate America, and neither does Moblil1fan. For awhile, anytime someone would question what goes on here in the good ol' USA...Mobil1fan would sarcastically say "Why do you hate America". It's a joke, and he says it really to most anything, even if it has nothing to do with America...lol.

Secondly, I can CONFIRM that racing is a MONEY LOSING proposition unless you are racing at the very highest level. I am a mere street stocker and I blow at least 10-20 grand a YEAR on doing what I love to do. Bear in mind that I have NEVER won a feature race. I have been close, but never have I gotten to smell the roses. So there is more I could do and more I could spend money on. I blow so much cash on racing that it basically forces me to live with my mother. I split the bills with her here, but there is NO way in hell I could afford to have a place with a big enough garage to do what I do. Simply impossible at my salary.  She's a great woman with a big heart and she loves racing (she was a powder puff track champ back in 1992), so it works out well.  I could easily afford to live on my own if I didn't race. Hell, I could easily own a really nice house by now.  Racing is a sickness that I can't ever accurately describe.

Offline LongislikeKulwicki

• Shelby Howard is black
  • Legend Member
  • Location: Connecting our diverse community with library resources that enrich, enlighten and entertain.
  • Last Login: May 20, 2009, 04:28:14 PM
  • Fear the caps
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2008, 08:59:17 AM »
posting this kind of crap is why peo pros left the board,get some real news on

The link posted in that thread was from Snopes, a very reliable source. It's no blog.

I could believe some of that, but I think a lot of it (especially the drug king thing) is exaggeration.

And why do I hate America?

You hate America??????????  If that's the case, get the hell out.  Because you live in America you do have that right.  I don't always agree with how America handles its business(hardly ever),  but I have traveled to enough countries to know that this is the best that I've seen so far.  Life is too short, if you hate it that bad then leave.  Too many people have sacrificed all for the freedoms that we enjoy.

I would have left America, but my Toyota broke down on the way to Mexico when I was listening to my ABBA tapes, so I'm stuck here for a while.
"The Sprint Cup is fun, but I'm a racer, and I want to drive trucks." - Mike Skinner

Offline JamWEB

• Last Login: December 10, 2016, 03:51:07 PM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2016, 12:55:49 AM »
What is funny, is that I moved to Panama City in 2012, five years after I posted this article.  Not knowing I would live near a James Finch. 
"People always wonder why I sign off with "'til we meet again." Because goodbye is so final. Goodbye Dan Wheldon." - Marty Reid