Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
NASCAR & General Discussion / Re: GAS PRICES.....
« Last post by Manning2Harrison on June 14, 2017, 01:10:35 AM »
Eh, I think considering I'm one of two people that view this forum I can bump it up regardless.

2.23 in NJ and 2.55 for PA.  Last summer in NJ, I was down to 1.58 but we threw a gas tax and it has been chilling around that price since.
Carl Long Motorsports / Re: Carl's Team At Dover
« Last post by xXKonan on June 05, 2017, 02:04:51 PM »
Timmy finished 28th 8 laps down. But he did spent a good portion of the race on the lead lap and the Car had some decent speed.
Carl Long Motorsports / Carl's Team At Dover
« Last post by Manning2Harrison on June 01, 2017, 12:04:27 AM »
Looks like Carl will be fielding Timmy Hill at Dover this weekend. 
NASCAR & General Discussion / So, where have you been?
« Last post by Manning2Harrison on May 15, 2017, 11:17:41 PM »
I'm totally aware that there might only be a couple of us left here and this topic could die but it might be fun to revisit in coming years.

This board has so many fun parts of my childhood on here and it is nice to be able to be nostalgic.  When I first came here, I was a middle school student who wanted to do a fundraiser for Carl Long.  I had no idea what I was doing.  I ended up falling ass backwards into hosting the official Morgan Shepherd board that ended up being a website that had some moderate success.  On here, I was mostly into the NFL, politics, and just started running cross country in high school.  I also used the pen name Mike Kattan so no one wold know my name ahhaa.

My name is actually Joe and life has turned out interesting.  I am on the cusp of earning my MBA from a private school in Pennsylvania and am now the head coach of a collegiate cross country program in the Philadelphia area.  I follow NASCAR occasionally, but have ebbed and flowed from hardcore fandom to interested casual.  I like football but have really been religiously following boxing and of course baseball. 

Maybe this thread can be a time capsule we can look back in ten years too.
Carl Long Motorsports / Re: Carl Long Is Back In Cup
« Last post by Manning2Harrison on May 15, 2017, 11:13:41 PM »
Glad Almirola is OK, but great for Carl to bring it home in one piece.
« Last post by xXKonan on May 13, 2017, 10:53:23 PM »
Ran the whole race and finished 31st, 11 laps down. considering it was his first points cup race in over 11 years he did a solid job for the most part. can't wait to see him race more this season.  :thumbsup:
« Last post by _Steve_ on May 12, 2017, 08:04:30 PM »
LONG overdue! Good to see some of you still here!

Dude man....miss this place!  Went back scrolling through some of the older posts, can't believe I was 13 when I joined. 

Hope all is well for you.

Same with you! I am doing quite well. Ripe old age of 28 now, own a home, and engaged. Really glad to see this board still up and running. Maybe we can get it somewhat active again!

Looks like Carl made 14 laps and was about a half second slower than the next car. He didn't make a qualifying run and will start 40th. His sponsor got pulled off the hood because Nascar didn't approve of the product, vape cartridges. Sounds like the company will still pay Carl though! "Veedverks" is their name. Dan Harvey did tell me this would be a full race effort, looking forward to seeing how they can perform, but not expecting much more than about 37th given this being their first effort. Bringing it home without damage will be a win.
« Last post by xXKonan on May 12, 2017, 01:21:51 PM »
It's been a couple of years since I last logged on here and I finally remember the forum! well to be fair In the last couple of years I'm not as interested in Nascar anymore like I was.

But it's great to see Carl come back to the Cup Series. I thought for sure he would never get a chance again due to the penalty in 2009, but thankfully he gets another chance again.  O0

« Last post by Manning2Harrison on May 11, 2017, 11:25:07 PM »

Dude man....miss this place!  Went back scrolling through some of the older posts, can't believe I was 13 when I joined. 

Hope all is well for you.
« Last post by _Steve_ on May 11, 2017, 07:57:43 PM »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10