Author Topic: My position on new site!!  (Read 2683 times)

Offline Carl L

• The Long Clan
  • Last Login: August 09, 2014, 09:34:56 PM
    • View Profile
My position on new site!!
« on: August 25, 2010, 12:10:41 AM »
I see some familiar names on these posts!! First let me get right to reason for this site.

YOU GUYS!!!!  I wanted to be able to provide more to you from the web. This site will be able to give you and me as a team owner/driver more functions. I never expected to have a split house, the carl-long site was to roll into this one.
   During the period I raced hooters cup and crew chief #24ntw; traffic was slow on the site and Glenn(provider of the other site) asked Tom if there was any reason to keep it going. Yes we wanted it to run in case racing picked up, so Glenn did not shut us off. At that time I realized I had no input on the future of our site with no money or time to start over. Along comes the fine,  traffic picked up , new members joined and I became friends with new people like Dan.
    Being released from FRM forced me to take any work available. I still haven't been able to get a secure position with a funded team but realizing the are fewer secure positions in racing at all, I needed  to create  my own future!! I tried to walk away from racing this winter. Guess what, there are fewer jobs outside racing for 40+ year old almost famous race car drivers/ mechanic / fabricator with only a 2 year technical degree! The only skill needed was the Hauler driver / cook!! I accepted it gratefully and thank John Bellsfeild and the Corr family for giving me the work. Hope they didn't gain too much weight on race weeks!!  This progressed into renting the Romeo Guest Hauler to Daisey Ramirez. They also needed a race driver and reading the rules explains the violation goes to crew cheif and then owner-- I was suspended as driver. I CAN drive in NASCAR!! Dee Dee and Charles are still stuck. The 11th place finish at dover was the fuse that reignited the belief in myself that I can race and need to give it one more hard effort!! The web site was not available to my use for backdoor sponsor proposals, Tom has little time to master the post as in the past, and Dan has time and resources to make the improvements as well as constant communication with me.
     This site has many feature's the old one doesn't while keeping the original look.  Tom, Frankie, James, Josh all of your efforts and any one else who has helped out are greatly appreciated. This basis of this site is to give me protection from being shut down, a tool to better the team, and you guys an email account and other stuff Dan can offer. As for Glenn, he seems angered by me because he asked for tickets to a race that I cant provide or infield passes that I can give with 12 days notice. He missed the deadline and Cup SEL pass cost $500+ that I cant afford!! I offered to get him on the SEL list with proper planning, even pulling favor from other team if I had no car entered at that track. Glenn has not asked me for a credential since, my offer still stands. I would call him and tell him but I don't have his #  and I don't think he has mine!  I did not know he was still angry about that years ago because he provided the site and never really participated on it. We tried contacting him to let him know I wanted to take this over, but we heard nothing until info was being transferred. I feel we did everything possible to take this burden off his shoulders.
       I was wrong, it seems the site means more to him than I realized. I checked it out the other night and Glenn has made changes adding his flavor to it.  I am flattered he has taken to it that way!!     I appreciate the years he gave us a place to be on the web. This is my home now, as I have little time to get on the web. I talk to Dan and Tom via phone and they will be informed of all current issues. Dee Dee will be here with some face book posts and other stuff. Thanks for being a part of my team!!!!!!!  
                                                 see ya  soon
                                                                     Carl
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 04:09:34 PM by livet0ride »

Offline MikeH

• Taking Back The Colonies
  • Legend Member
  • Last Login: December 28, 2016, 08:21:16 AM
  • Sneering Imperialist
    • View Profile
Re: My position on new site!!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 04:29:00 AM »
I think I speak for everyone here when I say:

If you were a cook - what was your specialty?  :P

Offline psugorilla

• Last Login: February 15, 2015, 10:25:40 PM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 09:29:51 AM »
haha at Kansas it was "Go over to Jennifer's Hauler and eat pot roast, seasoned potatoes and who knows what else."

Carl got frustrated with me cause I wasn't hungry.... (im a fat boy) and he kept trying to get me to go eat and even LOL patted my belly and said he knew i didn't miss many meals LOL
 ;D

"im going to drive right up there and win that son-of-a-b**** " - Carl Long

Offline nascar uk

• Last Login: September 23, 2017, 09:58:45 AM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 09:45:32 AM »

Good to hear from you Carl - I'm sure we all appreciate hearing your position on this new site.

Here's hoping you get to Daytona in February we might get to meet you there.

Offline livet0ride

• Administrator
  • Last Login: July 25, 2017, 04:33:33 PM
    • View Profile
    • Country Roads Group Riding
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 05:09:20 PM »
DeeDee has not been on a computer much lately. She sent me text messages today telling me she has been surfing the Net via her cell phone which is not so good. She does not know much about what has been going on reference the old web site. She said the last she heard was that the old site was re-directed to the new site so her "Bristol Post" was on the new site....or so she thought.
Dan Harvey

Offline randall

• Last Login: January 01, 2016, 11:55:50 PM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 05:17:41 PM »
I like the site and hope the new team comes together,good luck

Offline livet0ride

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 06:47:24 PM »
haha at Kansas it was "Go over to Jennifer's Hauler and eat pot roast, seasoned potatoes and who knows what else."

Carl got frustrated with me cause I wasn't hungry.... (im a fat boy) and he kept trying to get me to go eat and even LOL patted my belly and said he knew i didn't miss many meals LOL
 ;D

Sounds like Carl.
Dan Harvey

Offline rickmastfan67

• Local NR2003 Painter
  • Administrator
  • Legend Member
  • Last Login: March 12, 2016, 03:52:36 AM
  • Thanks for the memories Civic (Mellon) Arena.
    • View Profile
    • Masgrafx Racing
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 06:48:03 PM »

;D

Sounds like Carl.

He was doing the same with me @ Pocono. ;D
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Offline psugorilla

• Last Login: February 15, 2015, 10:25:40 PM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 07:00:59 PM »
yeah when he did it then he patted hisself too and said he was the same way LOL

All that was practice and qualifying day and race day my buddy Kris and I stopped and bought stuff to make sandwiches and hotdogs at Carl's request and then I decided to buy doughnuts for breakfast as a surprise.

"im going to drive right up there and win that son-of-a-b**** " - Carl Long

Offline lightning_arrestor

• Last Login: April 27, 2011, 07:45:38 AM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 03:28:29 PM »
Carl,
The new site is great. Congratulations on your recent runs. Your fans are awfully proud.  Looks like some of these owners are starting to realize that talent is the true key to success. 
Kindest regards,
Bryan

Offline livet0ride

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 11:23:11 PM »
Carl, thanks for setting the record straight. We hope to see more of you on here as soon as your personal computers are up and running. The ones who appear to be working hardest for you are also the ones you have personally met and talked to face to face within recent months. They include Mike (psugorilla) Tom, Frankie, James and myself. Nothing like hearing the plan for the site and for your future direct from the horses mouth so to speak.
We all now have active email addresses for carllongmotorsports.com which was not possible with the old site. Watch for more changes as time passes.

Thanks again.
Dan Harvey

Offline jaysfan

• Morgan Shepherd's illegitimate son!
  • Last Login: July 24, 2017, 02:44:08 AM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 08:25:31 PM »
I see some familiar names on these posts!! First let me get right to reason for this site.

YOU GUYS!!!!  I wanted to be able to provide more to you from the web. This site will be able to give you and me as a team owner/driver more functions. I never expected to have a split house, the carl-long site was to roll into this one.
   During the period I raced hooters cup and crew chief #24ntw; traffic was slow on the site and Glenn(provider of the other site) asked Tom if there was any reason to keep it going. Yes we wanted it to run in case racing picked up, so Glenn did not shut us off. At that time I realized I had no input on the future of our site with no money or time to start over. Along comes the fine,  traffic picked up , new members joined and I became friends with new people like Dan.
    Being released from FRM forced me to take any work available. I still haven't been able to get a secure position with a funded team but realizing the are fewer secure positions in racing at all, I needed  to create  my own future!! I tried to walk away from racing this winter. Guess what, there are fewer jobs outside racing for 40+ year old almost famous race car drivers/ mechanic / fabricator with only a 2 year technical degree! The only skill needed was the Hauler driver / cook!! I accepted it gratefully and thank John Bellsfeild and the Corr family for giving me the work. Hope they didn't gain too much weight on race weeks!!  This progressed into renting the Romeo Guest Hauler to Daisey Ramirez. They also needed a race driver and reading the rules explains the violation goes to crew cheif and then owner-- I was suspended as driver. I CAN drive in NASCAR!! Dee Dee and Charles are still stuck. The 11th place finish at dover was the fuse that reignited the belief in myself that I can race and need to give it one more hard effort!! The web site was not available to my use for backdoor sponsor proposals, Tom has little time to master the post as in the past, and Dan has time and resources to make the improvements as well as constant communication with me.
     This site has many feature's the old one doesn't while keeping the original look.  Tom, Frankie, James, Josh all of your efforts and any one else who has helped out are greatly appreciated. This basis of this site is to give me protection from being shut down, a tool to better the team, and you guys an email account and other stuff Dan can offer. As for Glenn, he seems angered by me because he asked for tickets to a race that I cant provide or infield passes that I can give with 12 days notice. He missed the deadline and Cup SEL pass cost $500+ that I cant afford!! I offered to get him on the SEL list with proper planning, even pulling favor from other team if I had no car entered at that track. Glenn has not asked me for a credential since, my offer still stands. I would call him and tell him but I don't have his #  and I don't think he has mine!  I did not know he was still angry about that years ago because he provided the site and never really participated on it. We tried contacting him to let him know I wanted to take this over, but we heard nothing until info was being transferred. I feel we did everything possible to take this burden off his shoulders.
       I was wrong, it seems the site means more to him than I realized. I checked it out the other night and Glenn has made changes adding his flavor to it.  I am flattered he has taken to it that way!!     I appreciate the years he gave us a place to be on the web. This is my home now, as I have little time to get on the web. I talk to Dan and Tom via phone and they will be informed of all current issues. Dee Dee will be here with some face book posts and other stuff. Thanks for being a part of my team!!!!!!! 
                                                 see ya  soon
                                                                     Carl
So that was in 2010, I'm very curious to find out as to what Mr Long's position on the website now, about 51/2-6 years later, since the website pretty much stopped getting updated!
"Time for Jay & Tenney to "drag" out those old dresses from their "experimental" days and show those gals a thing or two! " By Mattswad