Author Topic: 100 people x $25 for Daytona  (Read 4852 times)

Offline Chuck14

• Last Login: July 06, 2017, 12:10:49 AM
    • View Profile
Re: 100 people x $25 for Daytona
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2010, 01:05:55 PM »
any new news on this ? just thinking, first of the year coming and income tax returns.so some might have a little extra.and this could also be done all year for specific races.(bristol,charlotte,dover,ect..)

Offline livet0ride

• Administrator
  • Last Login: July 25, 2017, 04:33:33 PM
    • View Profile
    • Country Roads Group Riding
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2010, 07:05:36 PM »
any new news on this ? just thinking, first of the year coming and income tax returns.so some might have a little extra.and this could also be done all year for specific races.(bristol,charlotte,dover,ect..)

I pretty much have a deal worked out with the 68 Nationwide team to put this web site on the car for the $$$ we collected. The theory being we would start with Daytona and then do select races just like you mentioned. Now that the MF deal is shaky at best, we are not even sure Carl will be driving next year. If anything promising shows up, then we will see what we can do.
Dan Harvey

Offline jaysfan

• Morgan Shepherd's illegitimate son!
  • Last Login: July 24, 2017, 02:44:08 AM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2010, 09:35:49 PM »
Also, if we put this together, what do you'all think of listing this website on the car? I mean, if we put "Fans of Carl Long" that would be cool, but no one but us would know who we are. If we list the web site, then it would be the conduit to communicate with potentially new fans. Just an idea is all.

I remember in the past that Carl had the "old" site's URL on the C-Pillar.  Too bad this site's URL isn't just as short because it would have to be in a smaller font to fit there.

We can add any URL we want if it is available. If we own it, I can make it permanently redirect here. That is what I did with FDL's website.

At first, they were fleur-de-lis-motorsports.com. Then, I convinced Craig to add fleurdelis-motorsports.com, then fdl-motorsports.com. I was happy at that point. But then someone on her pointed out that Carl's uniform had fdlmotorsports.com (no hyphen) I was lucky enough to get that url as well so the suit would be correct. Any of those URL's go to the same site and any of them can be used as an email address. We can do that here.

I agree  a long URL is not good...and for that reason, we are NOT Carl_Long___Race_Monster.com

Come up with something catchey. If it is available, we will add it.

Could've been carl-long.com if you would've left things alone, good luck to ya with the new URL
"Time for Jay & Tenney to "drag" out those old dresses from their "experimental" days and show those gals a thing or two! " By Mattswad

Offline livet0ride

• Administrator
    • View Profile
100 people x $25 for Daytona
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2010, 12:21:48 AM »
Also, if we put this together, what do you'all think of listing this website on the car? I mean, if we put "Fans of Carl Long" that would be cool, but no one but us would know who we are. If we list the web site, then it would be the conduit to communicate with potentially new fans. Just an idea is all.

I remember in the past that Carl had the "old" site's URL on the C-Pillar.  Too bad this site's URL isn't just as short because it would have to be in a smaller font to fit there.

We can add any URL we want if it is available. If we own it, I can make it permanently redirect here. That is what I did with FDL's website.

At first, they were fleur-de-lis-motorsports.com. Then, I convinced Craig to add fleurdelis-motorsports.com, then fdl-motorsports.com. I was happy at that point. But then someone on her pointed out that Carl's uniform had fdlmotorsports.com (no hyphen) I was lucky enough to get that url as well so the suit would be correct. Any of those URL's go to the same site and any of them can be used as an email address. We can do that here.

I agree  a long URL is not good...and for that reason, we are NOT Carl_Long___Race_Monster.com

Come up with something catchey. If it is available, we will add it.

Could've been carl-long.com if you would've left things alone, good luck to ya with the new URL

Thanks Jay....I appreciate your input and good wishes.

Dan Harvey

Offline livet0ride

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2011, 09:44:13 AM »
I have met with Craig Partee and recently discussed this subject with Carl. It is likely that Carl will be in the #68 car at Daytona. Also, Craig has agreed to put this website's URL on the car for $5,000.00. We have to be flexible as to the physical location on the car. I mean, if Craig gets someone that has $20k and wants the quarter panels, then you can bet we will not be there. I trust Craig will give us the best available location.
The one thing that could cost Carl the seat would be another driver that offers Craig a wad of money. I don't think Craig would sell it to just anyone as he wants a good chance at qualifying so it will have to be someone he thinks can put the car in the show. Carl knows this and wants whatever is best for the team. Money is always a factor and the #68 team is like everyone else in their struggle to find funding.
So, can you guys raise $2,500 to be matched by me on a dollar for dollar basis? I am not sure. I think a few people will send sponsorship money and I suspect even more will come forward. So, I am asking you to send me a PM on this Board or email me with your monetary pledge. If the pledges are in the range of where we need to be, I will open a bank account where you can send the money. I need your PM's by January 28th.

My email address is dan@carllongmotorsports.com

Here are some FAQ's for you.

What terms have to be agreed to for our sponsorship to be considered?

There are three. Our URL must appear on the car, Carl must be the driver and they must attempt a full race. No S&P's.

What happens if Carl does not drive the #68 at Daytona?

The sponsorship follows Carl. Hopefully Carl could help us get the URL on any car he drives, no matter what team. If not at Daytona, then another race later in the season.

Can I get a refund if I change my mind?

No. There will no refunds UNLESS the 2011 season ends and we have not been able to make a sponsorship deal.

Is this sponsorship confined to one series?

No. It will be limited to the NASCAR Truck, Nationwide or Cup series. We will not sponsor another series like ARCA even if Carl drives in that series.

Dan Harvey

Offline DJalltheway

• The Polish Sausage
  • Legend Member
  • Last Login: October 14, 2012, 06:44:37 PM
  • I am the leader of the Hedgehog Empire!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2011, 12:18:45 AM »
So is there any news about the pledge? Has there been some good reaction yet?
I am 320 lbs. Any questions?

Offline livet0ride

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2011, 08:21:15 AM »
Update: We have secured and redirected the URL "clfanclub.com". That is short enough to make the font larger than if we used carllongmotorsports.com.....obviously.
But there is bad news. Craig Partee reports that he has PR people working on potential sponsorship for Daytona but nothing solid has been found. Unless some sponsorship $$$ are found within the next couple of days, the #68 may be at the shop during the race,
Also, fan pledges total $650. If anyone else wants to make a pledge, now is the time. I will approach Carl with the idea of trying to get on a RWR car.
Dan Harvey

Offline Chuck14

• Last Login: July 06, 2017, 12:10:49 AM
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2011, 01:29:13 PM »
Is that before the match? I guess it doesn't matter eitherway I'm dissapointed in the results. 

Offline livet0ride

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2011, 09:16:50 PM »
Is that before the match? I guess it doesn't matter eitherway I'm dissapointed in the results. 
Before the match.
Dan Harvey

Offline livet0ride

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2011, 08:30:13 AM »
Pledges total $685.00 or lets say $1,400 with an equal match. At this point, it does not look like the #68 will be going to Daytona. They are setting their sites on Vegas as there is some potential sponsorship money at that track. If anyone is holding out, now is the time to step forward.
Dan Harvey